1 in 4 women aged over 15 years of age is at risk of being in violent or abusive relationship in Australia. In 2021 over 40 women have lost their lives at the hands of a male partner or previous male partners. COVID-19 lockdown has only esculated the abuse with 1 in 6 women reporting that htey have exprienced some form or increased psychological abuse being in some form of Lockdown. The violence perpetrated by men against women must stop and it is up to men to stop it. Victims are not merely statistics; they are wives, sisters, mothers, daughters and friends. Good men cannot and will not sit on the sidelines while those they love are at risk of harm.
Ribbon Australia is part of a global social movement working to eliminate
gendered violence. We strive for an Australian society where all women and
children are safe. White Ribbon
Australia is part of the worlds largest movement engaging men and boys to end
men’s violence against women and girls, promote gender equity and create new
opportunities for men to build positive, healthy and respectful
Where does the money go?
White Ribbon focuses on primary prevention work. This means stopping violence before it happens by addressing the root causes of men’s violence against women. Examples of White Ribbon’s primary prevention activities include:
- Educational programs in schools, programs in workplaces.
- Public information and awareness raising campaigns.
- Bringing highly active individuals onboard the Community Partner program, providing them with ongoing learning opportunities and reflective practice to aid them in their work to prevent gendered violence.
- Supporting grass-roots organisations already working in the family domestic violence space through a grants scheme to be established in 2021.
- Funding research to identify gaps in family domestic violence education programs and services and find solutions to meet these needs; to help prevent violence, not just deal with the aftermath.
In 2022 we are aiming to set up community action groups to educate and support boys, young men and men to learn the ways to stop violence and abuse from occurring.
We need your support to do this. Eden Hills is very proud to partner with White Ribbon Australia to raise money for White Ribbon Day 2021 on Friday 19th November 2021.